This past weekend I was able to get away for a quick trip! I had the BEST time relaxing and visiting family!! It was exactly the break I have needed!! I didn’t put a lot of pressure on myself in regards to eating “perfect”. It was nice to take a mental break and just enjoy life. No stress, no pressure. It was actually refreshing!
I did not come home feeling gross, instead I felt RECHARGED! I’m not sure I can explain the feeling any other way!
I did a few things that I think really helped!
• I packed healthy things to snack on while we drove for 14 hours each way! (and used dietSNAPS to document!)
• Knowing that I would be enjoying wedding cake and other snacks… I wanted to eat some healthier foods when I could control it a little easier!
• I brought my work out clothes so I could enjoy a couple of good work outs!
Lansing, Kansas provided hills that we don’t have here in Houston… It made our two 5-mile runs very challenging and fun!
• I made protein waffles for us to enjoy for breakfast!
• I definitely allowed myself to enjoy some treats!!!
Do you do anything special in regards to your food intake when you are traveling???